Male constables:Total vacancies are 6252 (District police cadre 375 and Armed police 250).
Lady constables:Total vacancies are 1164 (district police cadre).
Selection Process – Punjab Police Recruitment
1. Physical Measurement Test(PMT) physical screening test(PST)and interview cum personality test.
2. The range/commissionerate recruitment boards for male at each range, Commissionerate headquarters and zonal recruitment board for female shall conduct the recruitment .
3. The PMT and PST of a candidate shall be conducted on a single day and the entire process shall be got video graphed.
More Details :
1. Age limit :-18 to 28 years as on 01-01-2016.Age relaxation 5 years for sc,stand OBC and 03 years for Ex-serviceman.
2. Pay scale:-10300-34800+Grade pay 3200/-
3. Educational Qualification:
- 10 metric with +2 or its equivalent from a recognized education board/university.
- the candidate must have passed matriculation examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory.
4. Physical stands 5 feet 7 inches for male and 5 feet 3 inches for female.
5. Application fee:Rs. 400/- for general candidates and Rs. 100/-for sc,st and OBC and no fee for Ex-servicemen. The candidate should send the money through Net banking/credit/debit card payment or fee challan form.
6. The last date for deposit of admission fee is 23-06-2016.
7. Eligible and interested candidates are required to apply through Common Application form(CAF) for both the district police cadre and armed police.
8. The last date for submission of online application is 21/06/2016 up to 11.59 pm.
Help line Numbers are:- (+91)9855914993 (+91)9855954993 (0172)6672304 (0172)6672302 (0712)6672303
Hiring Orgnization: Punjab Police Recruitment