Auditor Job at SCB
Company: SCB Auditor Job Location : Chennai
|Job Function:||Group Internal Audit|
|Location:||India – SCB|
|Full/Part Time:||Full time|
Group Internal Audit- T&O
Audit Manager, Group Functions & Risk Technology (B7)
- Role Purpose :
To assist project portfolio risk assessment work and execute integrated and stand-alone technology audits for applications supporting Group Functions & Risk. To assist in maintaining stakeholder relationships with the purpose of the businesses & technology developments, identify emerging risks and advise GIA hotspot concerns.
- Reporting Relationships
- Reports to Portfolio Head of Audit, Group Functions & Risk Technology
Key Roles and Responsibilities :
- Key Tasks :
- Perform or support the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines
- Complete relevant risk assessment activities in a timely and effective manner; to include the completion of Risk Assessment template.
- Proactively utilises the risk assessment process and stakeholder engagement to execute an anticipatory audit plan.
- Audit Delivery :
- All phases of the audit cycle are consistently completed in line with the requirements of GIA methodology.
- Consistent high quality audit work produced during fieldwork including detailed and accurate documentation of test results, clear and accurate audit issues and effective communication both with the audit team as well as the auditee.
- Quality Assurance reviews of databases are consistently rated as conforming with GIA Audit Methodology and IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Ensure that outcomes and expectations are clearly defined for each audit performed.
- Ensure compliance with audit methodology for audit testing work executed.
- Inputs to the creation of high quality audit reports.
- Leadership :
- Assists in Audits to demonstrate well coordinated resources and appropriate time allocation for the audit work.
- Assist audit team leader to ensure high quality work is produced during the fieldwork stage of an audit.
- Consistently ensures that audit work papers are completed in line with methodology requirements in terms of timeliness and completeness. Ensures high quality deliverables in the form of test results, audit issues, supporting documentation / evidence, audit issues, QA reconciliation, etc.
- To present to team leaders on whether work allocated have met their objectives, to detail the identified root courses and to explain the rationale for the proposed audit issues.
Issue Tracking :
- Ensure that all audit issue action plans agreed during audit fieldwork are tracked through to completion in accordance with methodology requirements.
- Record regular status updates for each of the issues being tracked.
- Escalate as necessary overdue issues or inadequate action to resolve issues raised.
- Anticipatory action and in need escalation when high risk issues are not likely to be resolved within the agreed timeframes.
Stakeholder Management :
- Assists in maintaining the right relationships leading to audit recommendations and channels of audit related communication and monitoring.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Background Technology Audit or Risk Management with a focus on Applications Controls within international financial service organizations (2 years min).
- Knowledge of database systems, and experience in data extraction for Audit data analytics
- Product or process knowledge of at least one of the Group Functions and Risk business areas and ability to stay up to date with developments within their area of expertise will be a distinct advantage.
- Professional auditors with core application audit / business skills
- Experience in executing risk-based Audit Methodology, or similar methodological approach (e.g. COBIT, SOX)
- Relevant professional IT Audit certification (CISA, CISM, CISSP or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal skills for building and maintaining credibly effective working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and objectivity.
- Demonstrates ability to work with limited direction and multi-task without loss of quality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Group’s core values.
- Ability to commit to 15-25% business travel.
How To Apply :
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
- It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.Closing Dates
- The closing date for applications is 09/09/2015. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful
- applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.Diversity and Inclusion
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Interested candidates apply here Apply Now
Posted on :